[Chacmool-l] This Weeks Newsletter

Chacmool Archaeology Association chacmool at ucalgary.ca
Mon Mar 17 13:58:08 MDT 2014

Happy St. Patricks Day everyone!

We have a busy week ahead of us! We have also attached some infer
regarding Ma programme! Check it out!

1. Aboriginal Awareness Week
2.Noon Hour Lecture
3. Volunteer for AAPA Conference
4. ASA Lecture
5.Photograph Workshop
6. Chacmool Elections

1. Aboriginal Awareness Week

This week is Aboriginal Awareness week! For those plains archaeologists
among us this may be of interest to you! Check out the attached schedule!

2. Noon Hour Lecture

This Wednesdays noon hour lecture will be given by Dr. Frank L’Engle
Williams an Associate Professor & Head Department of Anthropology Georgia
State University. The Lecture is titled Evolution of Prolonged Infancy,
Infant Carrying and Social Fatherhood in Humans! Check out the poster for
more info!

3. Volunteer for AAPA Conference
Check this out!

Hi Arky undergrads!

The American Association of Physical Anthropologists is having their
annual meetings in Calgary this year. We are looking for a number of 3rd
or 4th year (or higher) undergraduates with an interest in Physical
Anthropology to help with the meetings. The conference runs from Wednesday
April 9th through Saturday April 12th. We ask that volunteers commit to at
least 2 shifts and we will give you a free conference registration in
return. We have shifts available morning, afternoon and evening. Keep in
mind that this will be the last week of classes.

If you are interested please email me ASAP (naengel at ucalgary.ca) and I
will send you more information. We need to fill these spots quickly, so
don't wait!

Cheers,
Nicki

4.ASA Lecture

This month's ASA Lecture will take place this Wednesday at 7:30 pm in the
Tom Oliver Lecture Theatre .  It is titled Neolithig Halloween? It sounds
awesome, check out the poster!

5.Photography Workshop

 This is just a reminder that you can sign up for our photography workshop
on the 25th on Facebook!

6. Chacmool Elections

The forms are now up! So if you are interested in running for a position
fill out a sheet for people to read! Its shaping up to be an exciting
election!

Have a great week guys!
-Chacmool