[Chacmool-l] Upcoming Events

Chacmool Archaeology Association chacmool at ucalgary.ca
Sat Sep 18 16:59:31 MDT 2010

Greetings Chacmool members,

I've outlined the contents of this email in the hopes that this format
will allow for easier reading. We will not be in our office, ES 826, from
September 20-24th as we will be selling our souls in MSC for Clubs Week.
More info about that below.

Enjoy!

Lauren Jezowski
Chacmool President

In this email you'll find:
1. Our Welcome Back event
2. Chacmool Wall of Fame
3. Circle For Aboriginal Relations Luncheon
4. Mount Royal University Job Posting
5. Casual Flint Knapping Group
6. The Military Museums Collection Tour
7. Cemetery Tour for the Archaeologically Minded
8. Clubs Week

1. Our Welcome Back event will be happening on Friday, September 24th from
5-7 pm in ES 859. We'll have free pizza while it lasts and a few of us
will likely drift somewhere for drinks afterwards. If you've been up to
some archaeologically minded activities this summer, we would love to
share pictures of it through a slideshow on Friday. Email us up to 20
photos with your name and the name of where you were, and we'll put
together a show. No worries, no presentations necessary.

2. We're also looking for pictures from Chacmool members to post outside
of the Chacmool office, a.k.a the Sean Pickering Wall of Fame. Get your
own piece of fame, Chacmoolians! Drop off 5-7 printed pictures of your dig
during our office hours (MWF 12-2pm) or mail them to:
Chacmool Archaeological Association
University of Calgary
Department of Archaeology
2500 University Drive NW
Calgary, AB T2N 1N4 Canada

3. The CFAR is hosting a Luncheon in Edmonton on September 23rd. For more
information, see the CFAR Luncheon attachment.

4. Mount Royal University is currently looking for an Anthropology
Laboratory Technician. For more information, see the Anth Lab Tech
attachment.

5. Tyler Murchie is looking to start occasional get-togethers for flint
knapping. Either bring your own flint knapping supplies or pitch in to
have Tyler purchase/acquire some for you. For more information email
chacmool at ucalgary.ca

6. Chacmool has planned a "behind the scenes" tour of The Military Museums
for October 21 at 2 pm. Parking and admission are free, but space is
limited. You must be a member of Chacmool in order to sign up. If interest
exceeds the number of spaces, we'll plan a second tour for another date.
Stop by our office or send us an email to sign up. Please include your
membership number and name.

7. We've planned a Cemetery Tour for the Archaeologically Minded on
October 30th at 2 pm. Again, space is limited and you must be a Chacmool
member to sign up. We'll be visiting Union Cemetery with our lovely tour
guide Don Sucha. We ask that this be a respectful occasion and that no
Halloween attire be worn.

8. Chacmool has booked a table in MSC each day from September 20-24th,
a.k.a. Clubs Week. Our trifold will be up from 9am-4pm and a Chacmool
executive will be available to sell membership and talk your ears off from
11am-4pm. Our table moves everyday, just to keep you on your toes. A
listing of where we are is available outside of the SU Clubs Office. Stop
by and visit!