[Alta-Logic] Peripatetic Seminar: Second attempt

Benjamin MacAdam benjamin.macadam at ucalgary.ca
Wed Jun 10 17:03:04 MDT 2020

Hi Everyone,

Sorry, I tried to use my calendar app to send that invite and it seems to have switched the dates. See the correct information below.

Speaker: Geoff Cruttwell

Title: The dual fibration, part one: total case

In this talk I’ll review and discuss the dual fibration, which builds a new fibration out of an existing one by taking the opposite category of each fibre.  We’ll look at an elementary construction of this fibration due to Kock, and consider how the dual fibration plays a role in understanding reverse derivatives and lenses.

In part two, I’ll consider new work (joint with Robin Cockett, Jonathan Gallagher, and Dorette Pronk) on how to generalize these ideas to restriction categories.

Benjamin MacAdam is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Peripatetic Seminar: Geoff Cruttwell I
Time: Jun 12, 2020 10:00 AM Edmonton

Join Zoom Meeting
https://ucalgary.zoom.us/j/96092713538

Meeting ID: 960 9271 3538
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,96092713538# US (New York)
+16699006833,,96092713538# US (San Jose)

Dial by your location
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)