[Alta-Logic] Day of Inclusive Logic

Richard Zach rzach at ucalgary.ca
Tue Jun 9 13:33:04 MDT 2020

Forwarded from the Logic Supergroup FYI

Dear Cheerful Logicians,

*Tomorrow, June 10* from 0:00-23:59 GMT, we will be holding a*Day of
Inclusive Logic.*

This is an informal virtual event where we work together to address
various inequities in logic. The date and time of the event has been
chosen to coincide with the ShutDownSTEM strike also going on on June
10. This strike is affiliated with the global protests against inequity
and systemic racism that have erupted in the wake of the police killing
of George Floyd in Minneapolis.

*A google document with suggestions for what to do during this time is
available here
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vQnLfGhmHbfY9Qr_FSZttPwTEmIpORTQwOoiL7A98SpXquh6YdQXvympjlJlidrh_-BR14bqvvNia3b/pub>*.
A small number of time slots have designated hosts, but most time slots
are open. If you want to show up when someone in particular is present,
use the schedule in the google document to find out when that person
will be around. If you show up and nobody else is present,
congratulations! You're the host.

A dedicated zoom room for this event can also be found here:
https://ksu.zoom.us/j/97578446498 <https://ksu.zoom.us/j/97578446498>
password: 184783.

Let's try to spend the day making logic a better space for everyone, in
all the ways that matter.

Yay for inclusive logic!

Shay
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/logic-supergroup/CAMTR993G-12emEXT_5r2eJYBtRLhjfsLcKOE1OxZkb%3DOmpa1aQ%40mail.gmail.com