[Alta-Logic] Peripatetic Seminar

Benjamin MacAdam benjamin.macadam at ucalgary.ca
Wed Jun 10 12:59:10 MDT 2020

Hi Everyone,

There will be a peripatetic seminar on Friday, slightly earlier than usual (10:00AM Calgary time). This is the first of two talks.

Speaker: Geoff Cruttwell
Title: The dual fibration, part one: total case

In this talk I’ll review and discuss the dual fibration, which builds a new fibration out of an existing one by taking the opposite category of each fibre.  We’ll look at an elementary construction of this fibration due to Kock, and consider how the dual fibration plays a role in understanding reverse derivatives and lenses.

In part two, I’ll consider new work (joint with Robin Cockett, Jonathan Gallagher, and Dorette Pronk) on how to generalize these ideas to restriction categories.

Peripatetic Seminar
Scheduled: May 29, 2020 at 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM
Location: https://ucalgary.zoom.us/j/93415508925
https://logic.ucalgary.ca/event/geoff-cruttwell-3/
Benjamin MacAdam is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Peripatetic Seminar
Time: May 29, 2020 01:00 PM Edmonton

Join Zoom Meeting
https://ucalgary.zoom.us/j/93415508925

Meeting ID: 934 1550 8925
One tap mobile
+13462487799,,93415508925# US (Houston)
+16465588656,,93415508925# US (New York)

Dial by your location
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)