[Alta-Logic] Peripatetic Seminar

Benjamin MacAdam benjamin.macadam at ucalgary.ca
Thu Jun 4 12:00:34 MDT 2020

Hi Everyone,

JS will be giving a talk this Friday:

Title: Hyperbolic Functions for Cartesian Differential Categories
Speaker: JS Lemay
Time and location: In zoom invite below.
Abstract:
Hyperbolic functions are analogues of trigonemtric functions for the hyperbola. Hyperbolic functions have many applications in mathematics, physics, and engineering.

In this talk, I will generalize the hyperbolic functions sinh and cosh in Cartesian differential categories, in the same way I generalized the exponential function. In particular, the sum of these generalized hyperbolic functions will be a generalized exponential function.

Peripatetic Seminar
Scheduled: May 29, 2020 at 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM
Location: https://ucalgary.zoom.us/j/93415508925
Benjamin MacAdam is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Peripatetic Seminar
Time: May 29, 2020 01:00 PM Edmonton

Join Zoom Meeting
https://ucalgary.zoom.us/j/93415508925

Meeting ID: 934 1550 8925
One tap mobile
+13462487799,,93415508925# US (Houston)
+16465588656,,93415508925# US (New York)

Dial by your location
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)