[acc-cca-l] Podcast or Perish - New Book Out Now

Lori Beckstead lbeckste at torontomu.ca
Wed Mar 13 07:18:49 MDT 2024

[△EXTERNAL]

Dear Colleagues,
We are delighted to announce the publication of our new book! While its central focus is on podcasting, it nonetheless addresses broader issues that affect knowledge creation and peer review in academia, so it's applicable across a range of disciplines. Please take a moment to request that your institution's library order a copy. We're also open to giving book talks, so hit us up if that's of interest to you.

Podcast or Perish: Peer Review and Knowledge Creation for the 21st Century

By Lori Beckstead, Ian M. Cook & Hannah McGregor

Scholarly podcasting engenders radical possibilities for knowledge creation and peer review. By investigating the historical development of the norms of scholarly communication, the unique affordances of sound-based scholarship and the transformative potential of new modes of creating and reviewing expert knowledge, Podcast or Perish is the call to action academia needs.

The book is currently available with 10% discount on the Bloomsbury site:

https://www.bloomsbury.com/us/podcast-or-perish-9781501385209/

Book Launch Online Event

Join authors Lori, Ian and Hannah for an interactive discussion about Podcast or Perish. Tuesday April 16, 2024

9AM Pacific Time

12PM Eastern Time

5PM BST

6PM CEST

Please register here<https://shorturl.at/tuAF9> to obtain the zoom link.

Many thanks for your interest.

Lori Beckstead (she/her)
Associate Professor and Director, Allan Slaight Radio Institute
RTA School of Media<http://www.ryersonrta.ca/>, Toronto Metropolitan University
Co-host and co-producer of The Podcast Studies Podcast<https://www.podpage.com/podcaststudiespodcast/>

Recent publication: "Past the Gate: Women in Sports Talk Radio<https://books.google.ca/books?id=9Z-iEAAAQBAJ&pg=PA62&lpg=PA62&dq=beckstead+%22past+the+gate%22+%22women+in+sports+talk+radio%22&source=bl&ots=DKhvR5-2lE&sig=ACfU3U2a1pNEc3ZunWxu2NRXm_LM8Te1HQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi9q9uS8d6AAxUoITQIHWw9BOkQ6AF6BAgJEAM#v=onepage&q=beckstead%20%22past%20the%20gate%22%20%22women%20in%20sports%20talk%20radio%22&f=false>" in The Bloomsbury Handbook of Radio, 2023. (If you do not have access to this publication, please contact me and I will send you a PDF.)

I live and work in Toronto, which is in the 'Dish With One Spoon<https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/a-dish-with-one-spoon> Territory’, the traditional lands of the Anishinaabe, Mississaugas and Haudenosaunee.