[acc-cca-l] The Responsible AI Curve: AI2's Interdisciplinary Playbook for Development and Deployment

Fenwick Mckelvey fenwick.mckelvey at concordia.ca
Tue Mar 5 06:47:55 MST 2024

[△EXTERNAL]

Hi all,
Online event of interest to anyone or in Montreal.

The Responsible AI Curve: AI2's Interdisciplinary Playbook for Development and Deployment

Thursday, March 14, 2024 - 3 p.m. – 5 p.m.

J.W. McConnell Building - 4TH SPACE

The Applied AI Institute has an upcoming workshop on Responsible AI! This event invites everyone who is interested in researching, using, and deploying AI responsibly. Meaghan Wester, Responsible AI Coordinator at Concordia’s Applied AI Institute, will present the strategies and practises related to responsible AI within the institute.

Meaghan will then lead participants through a workshop that allows them to position themselves in relation to the lifecycle of AI systems and provide them with practical skills to interact with AI responsibly!

How can you participate? Join us in person or online by registering for the Zoom Meeting or watching live on YouTube.

https://www.concordia.ca/cuevents/offices/provost/fourth-space/programming/2024/03/14/the-responsible-ai-curve.html?c=/next-gen/4th-space/programming

Have questions? Send them to info.4 at concordia.ca

Be good,
Fenwick McKelvey (he/il)

I do not reply to emails on Tuesday and Wednesday’s morning. Please expect some delay in my response time.

https://fenwickmckelvey.com
fenwick at mastodon.social<mailto:fenwick at mastodon.social>

Coordinator, Machine Agencies – https://machineagencies.milieux.ca
Co-Director, Applied AI Institute - https://www.concordia.ca/research/applied-ai-institute.html
MA Director, Communication Studies

--

I acknowledge that Concordia University is located on unceded Indigenous lands. The Kanien’kehá:ka Nation is recognized as the custodians of the lands and waters we now call Montreal. Tiohtiá:ke (Montreal) is historically known as a gathering place for many First Nations. Today, it is home to a diverse population of Indigenous and other peoples. We respect the continued connections with the past, present and future in our ongoing relationships with Indigenous and other peoples within the Montreal community.

Je reconnais que l’Université Concordia est située en territoire autochtone non cédé et que la nation Kanien’kehá:ka est la gardienne des terres et des eaux formant aujourd’hui Montréal. Le nom d’origine de ce territoire est Tiohtiá:ke. Celui-ci est historiquement connu comme un lieu de rassemblement pour de nombreuses Premières Nations. Aujourd’hui, la ville accueille une population diversifiée d’Autochtones et de gens d’autres origines. L’Université Concordia respecte les liens passés, actuels et futurs des Premières Nations avec ces terres et en tient compte dans ses relations continues avec les Autochtones et les autres membres de la communauté montréalaise.