[acc-cca-l] Assistant Professor in Film Production - University of Regina, Department of Film

MAP Deans Office MAP.Admin.DeansOffice at uregina.ca
Fri Feb 23 15:08:52 MST 2024

[△EXTERNAL]

The Faculty of Media, Art, & Performance at the University of Regina invites applications for a tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor in Film Production in the Department of Film commencing July 1, 2024.

Applicants must hold an MFA in Film/Media Production, possess university or college teaching experience in film production, and have an active creative research practice with expertise in dramatic filmmaking and animation. The successful candidate will teach various undergraduate and graduate courses in any combination of dramatic film, animation, darkroom photography, audio production, and screenwriting. Service to the Department, as well as to Faculty and university-wide committees, is also expected.

The University of Regina is located in the heart of a vibrant and increasingly diverse, mid-sized city in the centre of the beautiful Canadian prairies on Treaty 4 Territory with a presence in Treaty 6, the territories of the Nêhiyawak, Anihšināpēk, Dakota, Lakota, and Nakoda peoples, and the traditional homeland of the Métis/Michif Nation.

The Department of Film at the University of Regina is the only university between Western Ontario and Vancouver to offer a BFA in Film Production. We also offer MFA and MA programs and BA and BA Honours degrees in Film Studies. The Department of Film is dedicated to teaching film in an interdisciplinary environment within the Faculty of Media, Art, and Performance.

The University has a student population 16,000+ and is home to 10 faculties, including many academic departments and program areas. These units have established national and international reputations for excellence and innovative programs leading to bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees. The University has three federated colleges: First Nations University of Canada, Campion College, and Luther College. Our colleges bring further excellence and diversity to the educational experiences we offer.

With a faculty complement of 35 full-time professors, including some of the most celebrated contemporary artists in the country, the Faculty of Media, Art, and Performance enjoys a long-standing reputation as one of Western Canada’s foremost environments for artistic research at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Emphasizing the importance of studio production and theory, we offer BA, BFA, BMus, MMus, MA, MFA, and an Interdisciplinary Studies PhD in Media and Artistic Practices. MAP has numerous international partnership universities, with many innovative mobility initiatives for faculty and students in Mexico City and the UK, among other locations. MAP is now home to a new Canada Research Chair in Socially Engaged Theatre (Tier II) and the SaskPower Chair in Cultural Heritage.

Please apply for this position at: https://urcareers.uregina.ca/postings/14851
The deadline for all application documents is March 21, 2024

Further information about the Department of Film and Faculty of Media, Art, and Performance can be found at http://www.uregina.ca/mediaartperformance
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. We value diversity in the workplace.