[acc-cca-l] CfP for ICA 2024 post-conference

Daniel Harley daniel.harley at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Nov 7 17:43:58 MST 2023

[△EXTERNAL]

Hi all, please feel free to share the following:

We are excited to announce a Call for Papers for an upcoming post-conference of the 2024 International Communications Association (ICA) Conference at the University of Sydney, on the 25th of June 2024. The post-conference is hosted by the Critical Augmented and Virtual Reality Research Network (CAVRN<https://cavrn.org/>), a scholarly network established in 2022 dedicated to connecting academic researchers in the rapidly growing field of Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) technologies with attention to their social, political and economic contexts.

The post-conference will feature a combination of presentations, roundtable discussions, and hands-on experiences with VR applications in the University of Sydney VR Lab. We encourage submissions that incorporate innovative research methodologies, interdisciplinary approaches, and critical perspectives. Current Ph.D. students are encouraged to apply and will be assessed as part of a doctoral student track. Abstract submission deadline is the 24th of January 2024. For complete submission details, please see: https://cavrn.org/ica24-conf-cfp/

--
Daniel Harley, PhD
He/him

Assistant Professor
Stratford School of Interaction Design and Business
University of Waterloo
Email: dharley at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:dharley at uwaterloo.ca>

We acknowledge that the Stratford School is on the traditional territory of the Anishinaabe, Haudenosaunee, and Ojibway/Chippewa peoples. This territory is covered by the Upper Canada Treaties. Our actions toward reconciliation take place through our research, teaching, learning, and community events, with guidance from the University’s Indigenous Initiatives office<https://uwaterloo.ca/human-rights-equity-inclusion/indigenousinitiatives>.