[acc-cca-l] Book announcement

Kim Hong Nguyen dr.kim.hong at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 13:00:35 MDT 2023

[△EXTERNAL]

Dear friends and colleagues,

Forgive me for the plug in of my own work--I’m very excited to announce that my book Mean Girl Feminism: How White Feminists Gaslight, Gatekeep, and Girlboss, will be published January 9, 2023 by the University of Illinois Press. In a starred review, the Library Journal calls Mean Girl Feminism "A sweeping, smart manifesto that's crucial for white feminists to read in order to acknowledge, mitigate, and correct microaggressions and challenge oppressive systems.” And, Professor Kishonna L. Gray calls it "an important book that is beautifully and powerfully written and deeply original while offering productive interventions into the study of mean girl culture and its larger impact on conversations on feminism.”

I hope you will consider putting the book on your reading lists for under/graduate courses addressing the areas of intersectional feminism, postfeminism, and/or popular feminism; rhetorical criticism; media criticism; or popular culture. If you do adopt the book, I would be happy to give a virtual/remote talk or Q&A with your class.

You can request an examination copy of the book or purchase at 30% (code: F23UIP) at the University of Illinois Press website<https://www.press.uillinois.edu/books/?id=p087684>. And, please encourage your university library to purchase a copy!

Many thanks in advance

Kim Hong
University of Waterloo