[acc-cca-l] 🔉CCA Graduate Student Virtual Event - Literature Reviews (& CFP deadline 🎉)

Dana Cramer dana.cramer at torontomu.ca
Thu Sep 14 12:59:48 MDT 2023

[△EXTERNAL]

***Please forward to graduate students***

Dear CCA Graduate Students,

Our next Graduate Caucus webinar series will be taking place Friday, 22 September 2023, 3:00 p.m. until 4:30 p.m. EST. As a reminder, the CFP deadline for the Special Issue of Stream<https://journals.sfu.ca/stream/index.php/stream/announcement/view/29> is Friday, 29 September 2023. There are a variety of ways to publish in this graduate student journal; please see the guidelines<https://journals.sfu.ca/stream/index.php/stream/about/submissions> for more details.

Next week’s webinar event will go through a systematized process of gathering, assessing, organizing, and developing a reading schedule for literature within your field. Expanding Gosztyla’s career column<https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-01878-7> and viral #AcademicTwitter<https://twitter.com/MayaGosztyla/status/1516497730574557186> post, we will discuss a system for gathering sources for writing literature reviews. We will go through the following:

  *   Zotero<https://www.zotero.org/>
  *   Notion<https://www.notion.so/>
  *   ResearchRabbit<https://researchrabbitapp.com/home>
  *   Elicit<https://elicit.org/>
  *   Dedicated private Twitter/X Lists for discovering new publications
  *   Feedly<https://feedly.com/>
  *   Google Ngram<https://books.google.com/ngrams>

Zoom Link: https://torontomu.zoom.us/j/92469877123?pwd=VmoyblFpQ0k3TjRiYndGTTRSWDdtUT09
Meeting ID: 924 6987 7123
Passcode: 036712
Friday, 22 September 2023 at 3:00 p.m. until 4:30 p.m. EST.

If you have any questions about the CFP or event, please reach out to Dana (dana.cramer at torontomu.ca<mailto:dana.cramer at torontomu.ca>).

All the best,
Dana

Dana Cramer (she/her/elle)
PhD Student | Communication and Culture
Toronto Metropolitan University
[York University and Toronto Metropolitan University logo for the Joint Graduate Program in Communication and Culture.]<https://www.torontomu.ca/graduate/programs/comcult/people/students/dana-cramer/>
w: https://www.torontomu.ca/graduate/programs/comcult/people/students/dana-cramer/
e: dana.cramer at torontomu.ca s: @DanaCramer96
cal.: https://calendar.app.google/LhDYHudTvVUyxnYz7
[Logo for LinkedIn.]<https://www.linkedin.com/in/dana-cramer/>     [Logo for Twitter.] <https://twitter.com/DanaCramer96>

Research Interests: Internet Governance; Internet Fragmentation; Splinternet; Multiple Public Internets; Internet Infrastructure & Standards; Broadband; Telecommunications & Technology Policy; Geopolitical Competition; Political Economy of Communication; Internet Usage; Sustainable Development

New Publication: Cramer, Dana (2023). Cybersecurity as the future of the Internet: A systems thinking analysis to achieve a secure Internet. International Institute of Communications. Available open access.<https://www.iicom.org/feature/dana-cramer/>