[acc-cca-l] Heliotrope: open call for submissions

Tessa Brown tessa.brown1 at ucalgary.ca
Sun Jul 16 12:29:22 MDT 2023

Hello!

My name is Tessa J. Brown, I'm the managing co-editor of Heliotrope, an online thinkspace affiliated with the University of Calgary-based Environmental Media Lab, led by Dr. Mél Hogan.

Heliotrope publishes short (1000-1500 words) pieces on a wide range of topics at the intersection of media, technology, and the environmental humanities. We welcome various genres, including short fiction, creative non-fiction, personal essays, and critical reflections. It's an opportunity for academics to write thought-provoking short form articles, and to receive detailed and rigorous feedback from our editorial team.

We're currently looking for pieces to run in our upcoming fall and winter publishing seasons—if you're interested, send us a pitch (or better yet, your piece!) at heliotrope at ucalgary.ca.

Looking forward to reading your work—thanks very much!

Tessa J. Brown
Co-managing Editor https://heliotropejournal.net
PhD Student, University of Calgary
[http://static1.squarespace.com/static/6047daeeaff86c5b1c1246a1/t/611ff79bb0e50e67e157c174/1629484955994/HELIOTROPE+LOGO.png?format=1500w]<https://heliotropejournal.net/>