[acc-cca-l] Console-ing Passions 2023 @ UCalgary

Jessalynn Keller jessalynn.keller at ucalgary.ca
Mon Oct 17 14:39:48 MDT 2022

Dear CCA list,

The CP 2023 Calgary organizing committee is excited to announce our CFP for the 2023 Console-ing Passions: International Conference on Television, Video, Audio, New Media and Feminism hosted at the University of Calgary on June 22-24, 2023.

Please find the CFP and further information about the conference on our website here: https://www.consoleingpassions2023.ca/call-for-papers

We have an exciting keynote lineup, including: Simidele Dosekun (London School of Economics), Sarah Sharma (University of Toronto), and Vivek Shraya (University of Calgary).

Please spread the word to interested colleagues!

Thanks!
Jessalynn

On behalf of the CP 2023 Calgary Organizing Committee: Jessalynn Keller, Dawn Johnston, Alora Paulsen Mulvey, Annie Rudd, Tamara Shepherd, and Samantha Thrift

Jessalynn Keller, Ph.D. (she/her)
Associate Professor
Graduate Program Director
Department of Communication, Media and Film
University of Calgary, Canada
jessalynn.keller at ucalgary.ca<mailto:jessalynn.keller at ucalgary.ca>
@jessalynn_marie

The University of Calgary is located on traditional territories of the people of the Treaty 7 region in Southern Alberta, which includes the Blackfoot Confederacy (comprising the Siksika, Piikani, and Kainai First Nations), the Tsuut’ina First Nation, and the Stoney Nakoda (including the Chiniki, Bearspaw, and Wesley First Nations).  The City of Calgary is also home to Métis Nation of Alberta, Region III.  The traditional Blackfoot name of the place we now call Calgary is “Moh’kins’tsis” .