[acc-cca-l] New issue of Canadian Journal of Communication

Chris Russill chris.russill at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 05:22:25 MDT 2021

[△EXTERNAL]

Dear Colleagues,

We are very pleased to announce our new issue of the Canadian Journal of Communication.

https://cjc-online.ca/index.php/journal/issue/view/195

It opens with a timely guest editorial by Karim Karim that situates the field with respect to the 20 years since 9/11. This is essential reading as we consider recent events in Afghanistan, the surge in remembrance of 9/11, and the persistence of racialized foreign policies, security paradigms, and war.

https://cjc-online.ca/index.php/journal/article/view/4193

The issue also contains original research on the relationship of the Canadian military and media in Afghanistan, Canadian multiculturalism, microtargeting in elections, COVID denial, blockchain, transnational feminist research, mainstream journalistic norms for representing settler violence, the implementation of experiential learning in Canadian communication programs, the circulation of men's rights arguments when women attempt to kill abusers, the politics of media bailouts, and a generous response from Rianka Singh to our previous policy portal roundtable on platforms and power!

We are also thrilled to include conversations with Queen's National Scholar Chair in Black Studies, Daniel McNeil, on his probing work into multiculturalism and media criticism, and with the guest editors of the forthcoming issue, On the Margins of the Margins: Racism and Colonialism in Canadian Communication Studies, Faiza Hirji, Yasmin Jiwani, and Kirsten McAllister!

In addition, we have a book review and three new playlists for you: Playing with/at Work; Photography; Solidarity.

Finally, in case you missed it, our amazing themed issue on media and infrastructure was published this summer, edited by Aleksandra Kaminska and Rafico Ruiz!

https://cjc-online.ca/index.php/journal/issue/view/193

Best,

Chris