[acc-cca-l] CRC Tier 2 Critical Risk and Crisis Communication, SFU

Communication Director communication_director at sfu.ca
Wed Dec 2 14:39:57 MST 2020

[△EXTERNAL]

We invite applications for a Tier 2 Canada Research Chair (CRC) in Critical Risk and Crisis Communication to begin on or before January 1, 2022. We seek a researcher with a proven track record in Critical Risk and Crisis Communication in relation to one or more of the following areas: environment, sustainability and climate change; public health and health communication; Indigenous epistemologies, knowledge, and communities; and disaster management and resilience. We especially welcome candidates whose work critically interrogates the frameworks of risk, crisis and emergency communication in relation to areas such as Indigeneity, gender and sexuality, dis/ability studies, race, ethnicity and/or class. The position is open to experts in qualitative, quantitative, or mixed methods, and those with an interest in innovative forms of interdisciplinary research, knowledge translation and public engagement.

All the details are to be found here:

http://www.sfu.ca/vpacademic/faculty_openings/cat.html

Best wishes,

Zoë Druick
Professor and Director | School of Communication
Simon Fraser University
8888 University Dr., Burnaby, B.C. V5A 1S6
T: 778-782-3470 | F: 778.782.4024 | E: cmnsdir at sfu.ca<mailto:cmnsdir at sfu.ca> | www.cmns.sfu.ca<http://www.cmns.sfu.ca/>

[https://www.sfu.ca/content/sfu/communicators-toolkit/tools/brand-tools/on-brand-templates/email-signature/jcr:content/main_content/image_0.img.2000.high.png/1527873607206.png]<http://www.cmns.sfu.ca/>

I acknowledge that Simon Fraser University is situated on the traditional and unceded lands of the Coast Salish People, including the the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), kʷikʷəƛ̓əm (Kwikwetlem) and Səl̓ílwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.