[acc-cca-l] SFU School of Communication: Inviting MA & PhD Applications

Jason Congdon jason_congdon at sfu.ca
Mon Nov 23 16:12:14 MST 2020

[△EXTERNAL]

Dear CCA members,

Please consider forwarding this call for applications to potentially interested MA students and advanced undergraduates.

Questions about our programs may be addressed to me at gradcmns at sfu.ca.

________________________________

Deadline: January 6, 2021. Apply to the School of Communication MA & PhD programs.

SFU School of Communication

November 23, 2020

[https://media.campaigner.com/media/58/583800/CMNS/Option1.png?id=55ucml4]

INVITING MA & PhD APPLICATIONS

Simon Fraser University’s School of Communication has an international reputation for critical scholarship on urgent social and political problems affecting contemporary societies.

Our school is committed to social justice and innovative interdisciplinary collaborations. We emphasize learning through direct engagement, whether through faculty-led projects, our media and soundscape laboratories, community collaborations, or participating in public conferences and talks.

MA and PhD students work closely with faculty supervisors who are leading experts in their fields to develop theoretical and methodological expertise and learn to produce knowledge in a variety of areas, including media and cultural studies<http://trk.cp20.com/click/cigo-2bsycm-tlruil-by7heau5/>, communication policy and governance<http://trk.cp20.com/click/cigo-2bsycm-tlruim-by7heau6/>, science and technology studies<http://trk.cp20.com/click/cigo-2bsycm-tlruin-by7heau7/>, and political economy of communication<http://trk.cp20.com/click/cigo-2bsycm-tlruio-by7heau8/>.

Our graduates become successful teachers, researchers, scholars, and leaders in government, non-profit, and private organizations.

RESEARCH AREAS

DATA AND TECHNOLOGY<http://trk.cp20.com/click/cigo-2bsycm-tlruip-by7heau9/>

[https://media.campaigner.com/media/58/583800/CMNS/cloud-computing.png?id=y7mcakm]<http://trk.cp20.com/click/cigo-2bsycm-tlruiq-by7heau0/>

MEDIA & CULTURE<http://trk.cp20.com/click/cigo-2bsycm-tlruir-by7heau1/>

[https://media.campaigner.com/media/58/583800/CMNS/knowledge.png?id=suwn1e7]<http://trk.cp20.com/click/cigo-2bsycm-tlruis-by7heau2/>

POLITICAL ECONOMY<http://trk.cp20.com/click/cigo-2bsycm-tlruit-by7heau3/>

[https://media.campaigner.com/media/58/583800/CMNS/shake-hands.png?id=4jds0co]<http://trk.cp20.com/click/cigo-2bsycm-tlruiu-by7heau4/>

COMMUNICATION & CULTURAL GOVERNANCE<http://trk.cp20.com/click/cigo-2bsycm-tlruiv-by7heau5/>

[https://media.campaigner.com/media/58/583800/CMNS/speech.png?id=y4yuf76]<http://trk.cp20.com/click/cigo-2bsycm-tlruiw-by7heau6/>

MA

HOW TO APPLY<http://trk.cp20.com/click/cigo-2bsycm-tlruix-by7heau7/>

MEET OUR FACULTY<http://trk.cp20.com/click/cigo-2bsycm-tlruiy-by7heau8/> <http://trk.cp20.com/click/cigo-2bsycm-tlruiz-by7heau9/>

ABOUT THE PROGRAM<http://trk.cp20.com/click/cigo-2bsycm-tlruj0-by7heau6/>

PhD

HOW TO APPLY <http://trk.cp20.com/click/cigo-2bsycm-tlruj1-by7heau7/>

MEET OUR FACULTY<http://trk.cp20.com/click/cigo-2bsycm-tlruj2-by7heau8/>

ABOUT THE PROGRAM<http://trk.cp20.com/click/cigo-2bsycm-tlruj3-by7heau9/>

FOLLOW US

[Facebook]<http://trk.cp20.com/click/cigo-2bsycm-tlruj4-by7heau0/> [Twitter] <http://trk.cp20.com/click/cigo-2bsycm-tlruj5-by7heau1/> [Instagram] <http://trk.cp20.com/click/cigo-2bsycm-tlruj6-by7heau2/>

Questions? Contact us at gradcmns at sfu.ca

<http://trk.cp20.com/form?2bsycm--so4y-by7heau1&sl=r3&t=5&ac=cigo>

Jason Congdon

Graduate Program Coordinator | School of Communication

Faculty of Communication, Art and Technology | Simon Fraser University
Room K-9655 | 8888 University Drive, Burnaby, BC, V5A 1S6
T: 778-782-3595 | sfu.ca/communication<http://www.sfu.ca/communication.html>

At Simon Fraser University, we live and work on the unceded traditional territories of the Coast Salish peoples of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations