[Chacmool-l] Chacmool Members

Chacmool chacmool at ucalgary.ca
Sun Nov 22 16:42:24 MST 2015

Dear Members,

*Attn:

We would like to inform you that the position for Social Coordinator in
Chacmool is open for next semester. Elections for the position will be held
December 3rd and 4th. Those wanting to run for the positon can submit their
name on a sheet outside the Chacmool Office ES 826. As Social Coordinator,
you help plan our terrific social events and workshops. It is a great
opportunity to put an important Club position on your CV and to get more
involved in the department. You also get to have an office with the
position. The events for next semester are mostly set, they just need help
being organized. So if you want to be a part of the Chacmool Executives then
sign up before December 3rd!

On December 8th (last day of classes) is our Gingerbread competition! You
can sign up a team of 2-5 people to compete. All gingerbread creations
should be Archaeology or Anthropology themed. Other than that there are no
rules! Bring your own candy or tools. We will provide the gingerbread and
icing and an assortment of our own candy, but if you want to go big than you
can bring your own. There will be a vote for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place with
prizes. It is $5 a person to sign up to cover the cost of the gingerbread
and final date to sign up is also December 3rd. Hope to see some crazy
creations this year before the winter break.

Maya Archaeology and Ecology Field Program

There will be an information session on Monday, Nov. 23 from 4-5 in ES 702
for the Maya Archaeology and Ecology Field Program. Dr. Reese-Taylor will be
there along with Dr. Morton and Ms. Catherine Fisher from the Group Study
Programs office. We will be able to answer any questions you might have
regarding credit for courses, how they could fit into your program, and
funding.

The session is open to everyone, including those who may have already
registered or been to a previous information session. Please feel free to
attend if have any more questions. If you are unable to attend this session,
please contact me and I will set up an appointment with you to go over any
questions or concerns your may have.