[Chacmool-l] This Week's Newsletter

Chacmool Archaeology Association chacmool at ucalgary.ca
Sun Sep 28 11:12:41 MDT 2014

Hey all!

First and foremost we would like to thank everyone who attended our Fall
Meet and Greet! It was a huge success! Your execs are already excited for
our next event! Here's whats happening around the department this week!

1.Anarky talk
2. Bake Sale
3.Silent Auction
4.Reading Room

1. Anarky Talks

This year what was previously know to us archaeologists as noon hour
lecture and to the anthropologists as tails from the field will now be
know as Anarky talks! Punny? I think so!! I have attached The Oct. 1st
lecture poster! This talk is titled "The Greatest Hits of Fifteen Years of
UofC Archaeology in Nicaragua"  and will be given by our very own Dr.
Mccafferty! Chacmool will be providing coffee and tea! Please pay close
attention to which room it will take place in since it changes weekly!
This one will be in ES 614 at 12pm! See ya there!

2. Bake Sale
The 2014 Chacmool Conference Committee is holding a bake to raise money
for the conference next Wednesday and Thursday (Oct 1 and 2). It will be
in science theatres, table 6 from 8:30-4:30 both days. This is such a
great cause definitely check it out!!!

3. Silent Auction
The Silent Auction is a tradition at our Conference each year! The
conference is always looking for donations!  We are looking for item
donations in specific but if a company wants to donate gift cards or small
monetary donations that can be put towards the budget or towards
purchasing items
that will go at the silent auction.
Some of the Items they have in the works right now for ideas:

Two seats to the Calgary Flames vs Chicago Blackhawks
Two seats to the Calgary Flames vs Edmonton Oilers (or Vancouver Canucks)
Wine Basket from Willow Park Liquor Store
Starbucks Swag Basket
Pedicure/Manicure afternoon
60 minute massage appointment with Rowland Massage
Gift Card from Prego Italian Restaurant
Gift Card from Moxies! Restaurant.
etc

If you are interested in donation for this event or if you know someone
who is contact Pat at pquerin at shaw.ca

4. Reading Room

Last but certainly not least the reading room is still (and always)
looking for volunteers!  You can volunteer as little or as much as you
like! If you are interested the deets are in the attached poster!

Have a fantastic week everyone!
-Chacmool