[Chacmool-l] A Quick Note

Chacmool Archaeology Association chacmool at ucalgary.ca
Tue Oct 28 11:20:07 MDT 2014

Hi all,

We regret to inform you that this week's Anarky talk has been cancelled
but there are some other exciting things to talk about.

1. Halloween costume Contest and games night

Just a remind that this friday (31st) is our costume contest and games
night. If neither of those things interest you at least come to see your
chacmool execs dressed ridiculously. Word on the street is your president
will be dressed as an overly glittery unicorn. The fun starts at 5pm in ES
859. There will be awesome prizes. Check out the poster for more info.

2.Call for conference topics.

Many of you have probably seen this on the Facebook page but just in case.

With the 47th Annual Archaeology Conference less than two weeks away, we
are already searching for people who want to become the Chair(s) for next
years conference. This is a position that requires a major commitment
starting almost immediately after this upcoming conference. However, being
the Chair of the 48th Annual Conference will look OUTSTANDING on any
resume for jobs or graduate school down the road. If you have ideas on a
topic for next years conference, you can get in contact with us or talk to
any Archaeology faculty member (I know Dr. McCafferty has a few ideas if
you don't have your own).
Remember, this is your chance to get a step up over competition for
Graduate school (it is not just GPA), or to show any employer that you
have what it takes, and you can network like crazy with archaeologists
from all over the world!

Thats all for now!

-Chacmool