[Chacmool-l] Call For Conference Topics

Chacmool Archaeology Association chacmool at ucalgary.ca
Sun Nov 23 21:53:26 MST 2014

Hey Guys,

We are again looking for a Conference Topic for next year. Here's what's
required

 You have until Friday November 28 at 4 pm to submit your proposal to us!
Proposals will be voted on by Chacmool members Monday December 1 so even
if you don’t submit be sure to come by the office on Monday to read over
the proposals and get your vote in, we will be posting extended office
hours closer to the vote!
 The topic chosen by members will be announced on Wednesday! Proposals
MUST be submitted to the Chacmool office – if one of us is not present
there will be an envelope on our bulletin board you may drop your
proposal in. Proposals are only valid if submitted by an UNDERGRADUATE
chair who is currently and will be enrolled at University of Calgary and
majoring in Archaeology during the time of the conference. A proposal
should not only contain the topic and proposal but your name (the chair)
and the names of your co-chairs and/or committee, the name of your
graduate student advisor(s) and name of faculty advisor(s). Topic
proposals should be clear, concise, and focused – grants are given to the
most focused of topics for conferences (example: Migrations of Elephants:
Big Moves! Vs. Elephants Live! – one of these is focused and would be
more likely to get the great grey elephant money and one is vague and
will likely be looked over by the money giving boss elephants.) Taking on
the role of a conference organizer is a lot of work starting from the
moment you are announced as chair so be sure you are prepared to put in
oodles of work, despite the amount of work involved organizing a
conference is a lot of fun and well worth the time put in! Not only is it
fun but organizing a conference looks great on an academic resume, and
it’s a super great honour! If you have any questions please feel free to
contact any of your friendly Chacmool Executives, we can’t wait to read
your proposals!

We Can't wait to read over everyones submissions and best of luck!

-Chacmool