[Chacmool-l] Chacmool Newsletter Oct. 20-26

Chacmool Archaeology Association chacmool at ucalgary.ca
Sun Oct 20 14:05:02 MDT 2013

Hi all!

I've attempted to make this email short. If you are interested in doing
field school in Ireland or italy check out the posters I've attatched to
this email! Here's what else is in this email.

1. Noon Hour Lecture
2.APALA Conference
3. Donations for Silent Auction
4.Volunteer opportunities

Noon Hour Lecture

This week's lecture looks like a good one!  Lindsay
Amundsen-­‐Meyer, a PH. D. candidate with the University of
calgary's Archaeology Department will be talking about Creating a Spatial
Dialogue: A'kee Piskun and Attachment to Place on the Northwestern Plains.
As always the lecture will be on Wednesday at  12 in ES859! Check out the
attached poster!

APALA Conference

The University of Saskatchewan's Archeological Students Association (ASA) is
currently accepting abstracts for the annual undergraduate APALA
(Anthropology, Physical Anthropology, Linguistics and Archeology)
Conference.  The conference is taking place at the University of
Saskatchewan in mid to late-January (a specific date is yet to be
announced).  This conference gives undergraduate students a chance to
present papers outside of a classroom and in front of other students from
neighboring studies and universities.  The conference welcomes graduate
students who are interested in the opportunity to present their research
thus far or other research that they have conducted previously.  The
deadline for abstracts is December 27th, 2013.  If there are any inquires
concerning the conference format or general questions, please feel free to
contact the ASA via email at asaexecutives at gmail.com.

Donations for Silent Auction

The Chacmool Conference team is looking for donations for the silent
auction. If you would like more info on what kinds of things they are
looking for email Kelsey at kelseyfriesen at hotmail.ca

Volunteer Opportunities

There are still many positions available for the Chacmool Conference. On
top of those you have already heard about we are now looking for people to
work the Silent Auction. Basically it involve watching over the silent
auction and answering questions people may have. Once the schedule for
training has been finalized it will be sent out to all volunteers.

Have a great week guys!
-Chacmool