[Chacmool-l] Oct. 13th-Oct. 19th Newsletter

Chacmool Archaeology Association Chacmool at ucalgary.ca
Sun Oct 13 11:51:40 MDT 2013

Happy Thanksgiving Chacmoolians!

We hope your long weekend has been filled with yummy food and lot's of
sleep in's! heres whats going on this week!

1.Noon Hour Lecture
2.Chacmool Games Night
3.Community Cafe

1. Noon Hour Lecture
    Don't Forget about the noon hour lecture this Wednesday! At 12 pm in
ES859 Dr. Dawson will be giving a lecture on digitally preserving
polar heritage at risk. As always there will be coffee and a snack!
Snack donations are always welcome! Sign up outside our office! See
the attached poster for more info!

2.Chacmool Games Night
   Mark this date on your calendar! October 17th is games night for our
Chacmool Members! Th fun starts at 5pm in ES859! We have lot's of
archaeology themed games to play! We can't wait to see you!

3.Community Cafe
   One of our own, Kalista Sherbaniuk, is a peer helper with the Centre
for Community-Engaged Learning. She will be facilitating there weekly
Community Cafe discussion. Here's she'll be talking about.Archaeology
often works in communities, but does it always work with communities?
This Community Café will delve into discussions about how doing
archaeological research in a public capacity can be mutually beneficial
for both researchers and community members and ways this is presently
being facilitated in Canada.
It will be held October 24th from 1-2 pm in MacHall 458 (across from the
Loft).  Check it out and support one of our members!!

Have a great last two days off!
Chacmool