[Chacmool-l] This week's Newsletter

Chacmool Archaeology Association chacmool at ucalgary.ca
Sun Nov 24 14:48:44 MST 2013

Hello Chacmoolians!

This week's newsletter is relatively short and sweet!

1.This Week's Noon Hour Lecture
2.Money For School!
3.Food Drive!
4.Gingerbread Competition

1.This Week's Noon Hour Lecture

This Wednesday Dr. Walde, a professor in our department, will be giving a
lecture titled Atlatls, Bows and The Role of Technological Inovation in
Social Change: A Study in Method. Check out the attached poster for all
the deets!

2.Money for School

Check out this great email we received! It is not limited to Geoscience
students!

My name is Kim Quinlan and I work for an organization called the Student Life
Network. Our organization, in collaboration with CIBC, is currently
offering a
$20,000 award to help a current Canadian student pay for school.

The award is not merit based and is open to all students. In addition to
the $20,000
for school it contains a whole host of other awards that make a student's
life
easier.

Students can register to win the award here:
http://canadasluckieststudent.com/ref/qCG1830.

Last year, we offered a similar opportunity. Taylor Esselment from
Hagersville,
Ontario won a $20,000 GIC to help her pay off her student debts. A re-cap
video of
our team and CIBC telling her that she won can be viewed here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi4knWo6tTo.

I'm emailing to see if you could pass on this information to the
Geoscience students
at the University of Calgary.

Feel free to forward this email to any student lists you think would be
appropriate
and please let me know if you would like me to email you a poster that you
can post
online or in print.

If you have any further questions about this opportunity, please feel free
to send
me an email and we can sort out some details in sharing this opportunity
with your
students!

Thank you for your time. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kim Quinlan
Customer Service Representative

Tel: 416.461.0207 ext. 232<Macintosh%20HD:tel:416.461.0207%20ext.%20232>
Twitter: @StudentLifeNet
Facebook: http://facebook.com/studentlifenetwork
www.studentlifenetwork.com<http://www.studentlifenetwork.com/>

3.Food Drive

Don't forget about the food drive! The Arky Department is competing with
Anth so bring in your non perishable food items! You can drop them off
outside of our office in ES826! There is a gifted wrapped box there for
you to put the things in!

4.Gingerbread Competition

As well don't forget to sign up for our annual gingerbread competition on
December 5th! Sign-up closes friday! There is a great prize for the
winning team! all rules are posted on the event page on Facebook! Holiday
themed drinks will be for sale that night!

Have a great week everyone!
-Chacmool