[Chacmool-l] March 25, 2012

Chacmool Archaeology Association Chacmool at ucalgary.ca
Sun Mar 25 13:26:51 MDT 2012

Hail, all!

1. Career Fair
2. Noon Hour Lectures
3. Chacmool Executive Elections
4. Celebratory Party
5. Field School Opportunity
6. No Office Hours Wednesday (March 28th)

1. On Saturday, March 31, we will be holding the annual Chacmool Career
Fair in ES 859. So get those resumes and CVs all polished up and come by
from 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM to meet with representatives of some of the very
best in Alberta CRM companies. Try to make it on time if you can, as each
company will give a brief introduction/talk at the onset of the event,
followed by time to mill around, see what’s what in the industry, and get
your name and resumes out there. Snacks and coffee will be provided.

2. The Noon Hour Lectures continue this week with Tyler Murchie’s “Let's
Get Down to the Point: Discerning Morphological Variability in Projectile
Point on the Northern Plains”. The esteemed Dr (pending) Murchie is, in
fact, our very own undergraduate Vice President for the Chacmool Club, and
will be thrilling audiences with his world renowned (read: club office
renowned) entertainment about projectile points from the Canadian Plains.
So buy a bag of popcorn, bring the kids, and prepare yourself for a thrill
the likes of which you have never beheld!

3. The Chacmool Executive Elections continue, and there is still a full
week to sign up for any of the four positions. If you think you can make a
difference then drop by outside our office (ES 826) and do your part to
make Chacmool that much better. Or, if your schedule doesn’t permit such a
trip, then just email us a brief (ie: under 100 words) description about
yourself and why you think you would be well suited to the position you’re
running for, and we’ll print it up for you.

4. To help welcome in our newly elected overlords (whomever they should
be), we will be holding a Beer and Nachos celebration party on April 5th
at the Den. Everyone is invited, whether your won the election, came a
narrow second, or didn’t bother to run at all. The first round of drinks
and snacks for club members are on us!

5. The Department of Anthropology at Lakehead University will be running
an archaeological field school this spring/summer. Rather than attempt to
summarize the course myself, a description has been attached to this email
which contains the what, where, how, etc., including prerequisites and
just what exciting opportunities await.

6. There will be no office hours held this Wednesday, March 28th, as all
Chacmool executives will be in ES 859 for the much-anticipated
roller-coaster-of-a-talk from Tyler Murchie. Don’t miss this fantastic
opportunity to see what all the hype is about!

That’s all for this week,
CHACMOOL ARCHAEOLOGY ASSOCIATION