[Chacmool-l] Talks, drinks, and movies to come

Chacmool Archaeology Association Chacmool at ucalgary.ca
Sun Oct 9 22:43:59 MDT 2011

Hello Chacmoolians,

Happy Thanksgiving and we hope that you are all enjoying copious amounts
of turkey (or your gluttonous meal of choice). This week we have
consolidated our events to one succinct day: Wednesday!

This Wednesday (October 12) the noon hour lectures return again with Mike
Moloney bringing his experience in maritime archaeology to the fore with
his presentation on "The Spatial Syntax of Ships". Posters have been put
up around the department with more information should you be on the fence
about attending, but if that's the case then clearly you haven't heard one
of Mike's talks before. Fortunately this can be rectified this Wednesday
in ES 859 at 12:00!

And this Wednesday evening we have our first Chacmool Beer & Wings Night
at the Den. Drop by at 6:00, and the first pitchers and plates of wings
are on us for Chacmool members. Enjoy a drink and a snack after a long day
of classes and noon hour lectures with some friends in the department, and
if you're quick you don't even have to pay! This will be a recurring
event, every first Wednesday night of the month (the next one being
November 2).

The future holds yet more fun, for the last Thursday of this month
(October 27) will play host to our first monthly Chacmool Movie Night.
Once again this will be a free event, and for those of you with club
memberships there will be free pizza and pop. We're still discussing which
movie it will be this month, so feel free to drop by our office (ES 826)
to voice your opinion, or just drop by on the 27th and have fun in ES 859
at 6:00.

That's all for the moment, we now return you to your regularly planned
festivities.

~Chacmool Archaeology Association