[Alta-Logic] Peripatetic Seminar: Germán Luna -- This Friday

Jonathan Gallagher jdgall84 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 10:05:14 MST 2014

Speaker: Germán Luna

Time and Date: Friday at 11 am.

Location: ICT 638

Title: On the decidability of 3-coloring a graph using polynomial rings

Abstract: NP-complete problems abound in the world. Their infamy extends
far beyond the limits of any one discipline. Their polymorphic structure
makes the search for efficient solutions elusive, should they even exist!
In this talk I will provide an explicit construction of an algorithm that
solves the decision problem of 3-colorability exactly, but whose running
time depends on our ability to compute certain products of polynomials.