[Alta-Logic] Fwd: talk

Robin Cockett robin at ucalgary.ca
Tue Oct 7 11:53:32 MDT 2014

Peripatetic Seminar talk:

Wednesday: 8 October
Time: 10:00am
Place: ICT 616

Speaker: Jonathan Gallager
Title:The Use of Liquid Types for Patching in Safety and "Compositionality"

Abstract:
Two challenges to security are that a complete definition of "safe" for an
arbitrary system is impossible to arrive at, and that often systems that
are secure in isolation are exploitable once composed.

We assume that the threats to software safety come in the form of bugs.  We
will see how to use liquid types to ensure that bugs really are fixed, and
that the fix produces a safety guarantee that can be composed at the level
of functions (as opposed to processes).

-robin