[acc-cca-l] Please forward to students studying Internet governance

Dana Cramer dana.cramer at torontomu.ca
Wed Jan 31 11:42:04 MST 2024

[△EXTERNAL]

***Please forward to undergraduate and graduate students who are interested in Internet governance and digital policy***

🍁 Youth IGF Canada – Call for Applications 💻

Form: https://forms.gle/VnMddaZzTDt65Vo59

Are you a youth in Canada interested in Internet governance and digital policy?

The Youth Internet Governance Forum (IGF) Canada is a non-partisan not-for-profit. Our mission is to ensure Canadian youth representation at all Internet governance spaces, both nationally and internationally. Recognized by the United Nations (UN) IGF, Canadian IGF, and Global Youth IGF; Youth IGF Canada is establishing ourselves as a hub for Canadian youth in the Internet governance sphere.

We are currently recruiting members to join Youth IGF Canada. As a new organization, there is considerable room for growth by members. Our 2024 objectives will include the following:

  *   Hard launch of Youth IGF Canada’s website;
  *   A national Internet policy hackathon;
  *   Development of a high school/early undergraduate student guide to courses and programs for future Internet governance careers;
  *   Hosting Canada’s first Youth Internet Governance Forum in collaboration with Canadian IGF and UN IGF.

Our organization aims to ensure the Internet is accessible and trustworthy to all youth in Canada. We are an inclusive, ‘big-tent’ space to all.

If you are interested in becoming part of Youth IGF Canada, please fill out the following survey.<https://forms.gle/VnMddaZzTDt65Vo59> Please note that applicants must be between 18-30 years old (to be considered ‘youth’). The application deadline is 19 February 2024 11:59 p.m. EST.

Thank you for your time and consideration. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to email yigfcanada at gmail.com<mailto:yigfcanada at gmail.com> or dana.cramer at torontomu.ca<mailto:dana.cramer at torontomu.ca>.

All the best,
Dana Cramer | President, Youth IGF Canada

Dana Cramer (she/her/elle)
PhD Student | Toronto Metropolitan University
CIGI Digital Policy Hub Fellow | Centre for International Governance Innovation (CIGI)
President | Youth Internet Governance Forum (IGF) Canada
Global Youth Ambassador | Internet Society (ISOC)
NextGen at ICANN Participant | Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
w: https://www.torontomu.ca/graduate/programs/comcult/people/students/dana-cramer/
e: dana.cramer at torontomu.ca<mailto:dana.cramer at torontomu.ca> | dcramer at cigionline.ca<mailto:dcramer at cigionline.ca>
s: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dana-cramer/

Research Interests: Internet Governance; Internet Fragmentation; Splinternet; Multiple Public Internets; Internet Infrastructure & Standards; Broadband; Telecommunications & Technology Policy; Geopolitical Competition; Political Economy of Communication; Internet Usage; Sustainable Development

New Publication: Hurrell, C., Beatty, S., Murphy, J.E., Cramer, Dana, Lee, J., & McClurg, C. (2024). Learning and Teaching about Scholarly Communication: Findings from Graduate Students and Mentors. portal: Libraries and the Academy 24(1), 83-104. https://doi.org/10.1353/pla.2024.a916991.