[acc-cca-l] CFP of Interest: Canadian Society for the Study of Rhetoric

Shannon Lodoen smlodoen at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Dec 14 11:48:18 MST 2023

[△EXTERNAL]

Hi there,

I’m writing on behalf of the Canadian Society for the Study of Rhetoric (RhetCanada) to pass along the Call for Proposals<http://rhetcanada.org/rhetcanada-2024-call-for-proposals/> for our 2024 annual conference, which may be of interest to folks associated with CCA/ACC. The conference will take place June 12-14 at McGill University as part of the Congress for the Humanities and Social Sciences; there will also be an accessible and affordable online day of remote presentations preceding the official conference (on Saturday June 8).

RhetCanada is a warm and welcoming association, and a great place to meet other folks working at the intersection of rhetoric and many other fields (pop culture, AI, policy, medicine, etc.). Our conference features plenary sessions and colloquial discussions to foster engagement and exchange of ideas between scholars and disciplines. We welcome papers on all aspects of rhetoric, in English or French. Submissions are due by January 20th, 2024.

All best,
Shannon

Shannon Lodoen (she/her)
PhD Candidate, English Language and Literature
Special Lecturer, ARTS 130 (024)
Associate Editor, IEEE Society on Social Implications of Technology Newsletter
Student Representative, Canadian Society for the Study of Rhetoric
University of Waterloo, ON, Canada