[acc-cca-l] Care-ful convening CFP

Shirley Roburn saroburn at yorku.ca
Mon Nov 27 06:02:04 MST 2023

[△EXTERNAL]

Dear CCA colleagues,

As the special editors of issue 6.2 of JEM, the Journal of Environmental Media, we are pleased to share with you the call for proposals “Care-ful Convening: towards low carbon and inclusive knowledge sharing”. The deadline to submit an abstract for peer reviewed articles of 5000-7000 words is January 15, 2024. The deadline for “actualize” and “fantasize” submissions of 500-1500 words is May 15, 2024.

As per the CFP:

The consequences of human-induced climate change, the extinction of flora and fauna, pollution, environmental predation, and injustices are causing a spectrum of constraints, shrinkage, alteration and loss (Murphy, 2017; Elliott, 2018; Dokumaci, 2023). In response, people are figuring out how to think, communicate and act differently to account for damages done by systems whose human, more-than-human, and planetary harms are fueled by petrocultures (Chapman & Ahmed, 2021; Gomez-Barris, 2018; Táíwò, 2022). Carbon-concerned researchers, professionals, and citizens are advancing necessary shifts, including the design and implementation of alternative forms of communicating and gathering. Our call invites scholars across disciplines to explore the articulation between media and new forms of collaborative and non-extractive ways of knowledge exchange and communication.

We are thrilled to invite you to take part in this CFP and in this ongoing conversation. The short version of the CFP is attached. Please see this link for the longer one:

https://www.centreemiledurkheim.fr/actualites/aac/aac-journal-of-environmental-media/

Please do not hesitate to contact myself (saroburn at yorku.ca) or any of the other editors if you have any questions.

All the best,

Shirley Roburn on behalf of the JEM special issue editors