[acc-cca-l] Shameless magazine for teaching and research

Nicole Cohen nicole.cohen at utoronto.ca
Mon Nov 13 13:19:48 MST 2023

[△EXTERNAL]

Dear colleagues,

Shameless, an independent feminist teen magazine I co-founded in 2004 and which has been run by a collective of incredible activists for the past decade, has announced that it will no longer publish a print magazine. The collective has published a statement: https://shamelessmag.com/blog/entry/important-announcement-from-the-shameless-collective.

We have a lot of back issues, and I’d love to pass them along to anyone who researches activist media, radical media, feminist activism, independent publishing, or who would find them useful for their students and for teaching. The list of issues is here: https://shamelessmag.com/buy.

We are not charging for the issues, but most likely can’t pay to ship them (I can deliver in the GTA). If you’re interested, please email me.

All the best,
Nicole

---
Nicole Cohen, PhD
Associate Professor
University of Toronto

Institute of Communication, Culture, Information and Technology (ICCIT)
Faculty of Information

New Media Unions: Organizing Digital Journalists<https://culturalworkersorganize.org/newmediaunions/> (Routledge, 2020)
Writers’ Rights: Freelance Journalism in a Digital Age<https://www.mqup.ca/writers--rights-products-9780773547964.php> (McGill-Queen’s, 2016)