[acc-cca-l] UCalgary graduate programs

Tamara Shepherd tamara.shepherd at ucalgary.ca
Thu Oct 12 09:51:33 MDT 2023

Hi everyone,

I hope you are well!

The Graduate Program in Communication and Media Studies in the Department of Communication, Media and Film at the University of Calgary, is now accepting applications from prospective MA and PhD students for September 2024. The application deadline is December 1, 2023.

Our growing program offers opportunities for interdisciplinary media and communications studies research across several areas, including:

  *   Digital media cultures, platforms, & politics
  *   Feminist media studies
  *   Surveillance studies
  *   Film and visual cultures
  *   Health communication
  *   Media Histories
  *   Telecommunications policy

We also have several exciting research initiatives, including the Transdisciplinary Approaches to Data, Surveillance, and Creativity Research Group and the Environmental Media Lab: https://www.environmentalmedialab.com<https://www.environmentalmedialab.com/>

We offer competitive funding packages and affordable living in a diverse urban center at the foot of the Rocky Mountains.

And as always, more information can be found on our website: https://arts.ucalgary.ca/communication-media-film/future-students/graduate or contact us at artsgradsc at ucalgary.ca<mailto:artsgradsc at ucalgary.ca>.

Additionally, I am holding a Graduate Programs information session on Thursday, November 2, 2023 at 10:00am Mountain / 12:00pm Eastern on Zoom:
https://ucalgary.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUodO2tqT8uHtXyJRowl1oJWDF9FOAXjfMY

Thanks for sharing!
Tamara

---