[acc-cca-l] Console-ing Passions - Call for new board members/ Conference CFP

Jessalynn Keller jessalynn.keller at ucalgary.ca
Thu Sep 28 08:10:45 MDT 2023

Dear CCA list,

I’m writing with two announcements from the Console-ing Passions board:

First, Console-ing Passions is excited to announce that we are seeking new board members, to begin serving on our board in January 2024. CP is an organization that provides supportive spaces to present feminist media scholarship, mentor feminist scholars and practitioners, and encourage media and social activism and advocacy. More info about the organization can be found on our website: https://www.console-ingpassions.org

CP is actively looking to expand the breadth and composition of its board membership. We are most interested in board members who will bring fresh positions, perspectives, and ideas to the organization and are willing to make a time commitment to ensure its continued success. You will find information about the application process and board member responsibilities in the attached PDF.

Submit applications by November 1, 2023 to consoleingpassions at gmail.com. Please put "Board Member Application" in the subject line.

Anyone wishing to ask questions or discuss the responsibilities of serving on the CP board is welcome to contact:

Amanda Ann Klein (CP Chair): amanda.ann.klein at gmail.com<mailto:amanda.ann.klein at gmail.com>

Melissa Click (CP Secretary): click at gonzaga.edu<mailto:click at gonzaga.edu>

Brenda Weber (CP Treasurer): breweber at indiana.edu<mailto:breweber at indiana.edu>

Second, after a successful 2023 conference at the University of Calgary, we are looking forward to the 2024 Console-ing Passions Conference, which will be held at Indiana University – Bloomington on June 20 – 24, 2024. The CFP is out now, with submissions due October 15,, 2023. Please see the conference website for more information: https://consoleingpassions.indiana.edu

Thanks!
Jessalynn

Jessalynn Keller, Ph.D.
Muriel Gold Senior Visiting Professor (Fall 2023)
Institute for Gender, Sexuality and Feminist Studies, McGill University
Associate Professor, Dept. of Communication, Media & Film, University of Calgary
Jessalynn.keller at ucalgary.ca<mailto:Jessalynn.keller at ucalgary.ca>
** on research leave until January 2024 **

The University of Calgary is located on traditional territories of the people of the Treaty 7 region in Southern Alberta, which includes the Blackfoot Confederacy (comprising the Siksika, Piikani, and Kainai First Nations), the Tsuut’ina First Nation, and the Stoney Nakoda (including the Chiniki, Bearspaw, and Wesley First Nations).  The City of Calgary is also home to Métis Nation of Alberta, Region III.  The traditional Blackfoot name of the place we now call Calgary is “Moh’kins’tsis” .