[acc-cca-l] Deadline Extended: Race in Games and Games Conference

Gerald Voorhees dr.g.voorhees at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 10:54:56 MDT 2023

[△EXTERNAL]

Dear Colleagues,

Please note that the deadline for submission to the Race in Games and Game Studies<https://raceandgamesconf.uwaterloo.ca//openconf.php> conference (Dec 7-8) has been extended to end of day September 29.

Race in Games and Game Studies will be a two day conference dedicated to exploring how race impacts games and game studies. The conference will be hosted online December 7-8, 2023 and registration is free. It will feature conventional paper panels as well as plenary discussion panels focused on future directions for research at the intersections of games and race.

Additionally, I'm happy to announce that selected papers will be invited for revision and publication in an edited anthology or journal special issue, venue TBD.

Best regards
Gerald

--
Gerald Voorhees, Ph.D. (he/him)

I acknowledge that I live and work on the traditional territory of the Attawandaron (Neutral), Anishinaabeg and Haudenosaunee peoples. The University of Waterloo is situated on the Haldimand Tract, the land promised to the Six Nations that includes ten kilometers on each side of the Grand River.