[acc-cca-l] Tenure track position - Experimental Video Game Design

Gordon A. Gow ggow at ualberta.ca
Wed Sep 6 12:21:07 MDT 2023

[△EXTERNAL]

Media and Technology Studies (MTS) and Digital Humanities (DH) at the University of Alberta invite applications for a full-time tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor specializing in Experimental Video Game Design. The starting date for the position is 1 July 2024.

The successful candidate will have experimental video game design expertise and a strong track record of creative practice and game development. Potential areas of research interest include experimental game mechanics, art games, serious games, games-related installations, notgames, and critical games. Research and practice in board games, organized play, and games as cultural phenomena that complement the applicant’s expertise in video game design will be viewed as an asset. The successful candidate will be an active game maker with strong technical skills in game design and development. They will have expertise in a variety of game tools and engines.

The successful candidate will teach existing undergraduate courses in our Certificate in Computer Game Development and graduate courses in our Digital Humanities program. They will also develop and teach new courses suitable for both programs, including capstone and practicum courses.

https://www.careers.ualberta.ca/Competition/A110651779/

GORDON A. GOW, PhD

Professor
Interim Director, Media & Technology Studies

UNIVERSITY OF ALBERTA
College of Humanities and Social Sciences
Faculty of Arts

Sociology/Media & Technology Studies
4-26 Tory (HM) Building
Edmonton, AB Canada T6G 2H4

[University of Alberta Logo]<https://www.ualberta.ca/index.html>

The University of Alberta respectfully acknowledges
that we are situated on Treaty 6 territory, traditional
lands of First Nations and Métis people.

[Facebook Logo]<https://www.facebook.com/ualberta/>  [Twitter] <https://twitter.com/UAlberta>  [Instagram] <https://www.instagram.com/ualberta>   [YouTube] <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7TheT4tlz2KDgUppvYPrJQ>   [LinkedIn] <https://ca.linkedin.com/school/university-of-alberta/>  [Orchid] <https://orcid.org/>