[acc-cca-l] 📣CFP - CCA Graduate Students

Dana Cramer dana.cramer at torontomu.ca
Mon Jul 24 13:45:39 MDT 2023

[△EXTERNAL]

***Please forward to Graduate Students***

Dear CCA Graduate Students;

Each year, the Graduate Student Representatives organize the publication of graduate students’ scholarly work from our annual CCA conference. This email is to provide the Call for Papers (CFP) and Expression of Interest (EOI) to be part of this exciting graduate student publishing opportunity!

01. Call for Papers
Call for Papers: 2023 CCA Conference Graduate Student Proceedings.

Did you present at the 2023 ACC-CCA Annual Conference in Toronto? We invite you to submit your paper, research in progress, or extended abstracts for a special ACC-CCA Conference Graduate Student Proceedings issue. We will publish with our annual partner, the peer-reviewed graduate journal, Stream:<https://journals.sfu.ca/stream/index.php/stream/index> Interdisciplinary Journal of Communication, produced by Simon Fraser University’s School of Communication Graduate Caucus.

Submissions are welcome from all fields and disciplines which overlap with communication studies. Submissions should be 5-20 pages in length and submitted through Stream’s website<https://journals.sfu.ca/stream/index.php/stream/about/submissions>. Please find the Stream guidelines following this link.

Please note that only contributions authored entirely by students at the master’s and/or doctoral levels will be accepted. Texts co-signed by instructors and/or faculty do not qualify for publication.

The deadline for submission is 29 September 2023.

We look forward to receiving your contribution!

Visit Stream’s website to read the full announcement<https://journals.sfu.ca/stream/index.php/stream/announcement/view/29>.

02. Expression of Interest
As discussed during the CCA Graduate Student events and AGM, we are looking for graduate student peer reviewers for the publication process. Peer reviewing in a graduate student journal builds your skillset while also engaging widely with the CCA Graduate Student Caucus. If you are interested in becoming a peer reviewer for this special issue of Stream, please fill out our Form<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdrmqmbLgAD_mh-NuyEh58os27H7XSNfddp_J5q8PmmO7Gbvw/viewform?usp=sf_link> or email Dana (dana.cramer at torontomu<mailto:dana.cramer at torontomu>) and include your name, institution, degree type, year/progress, two/three-sentences(ish) summary of your research, and key terms you associate your coming expertise with (please use the Form<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdrmqmbLgAD_mh-NuyEh58os27H7XSNfddp_J5q8PmmO7Gbvw/viewform?usp=sf_link> as a first option).

03. Webinar on Learning How to Publish
We will be continuing our webinar series with a session titled, Graduate Students: Learning How To Publish Your Scholarly Work. We will send out an email for this event later (similar to past webinars), with the date/time to occur Friday, 11 August 2023 from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. EST.

Thank you for your time and consideration. We look forward to collaborating with CCA’s wonderful graduate students for another great journal edition!

All the best,
Dana | Graduate Student Representativ

Dana Cramer (she/her/elle)
PhD Student | Communication and Culture
Toronto Metropolitan University
[York University and Toronto Metropolitan University logo for the Joint Graduate Program in Communication and Culture.]<https://www.torontomu.ca/graduate/programs/comcult/people/students/dana-cramer/>
w: https://www.torontomu.ca/graduate/programs/comcult/people/students/dana-cramer/
e: dana.cramer at torontomu.ca s: @DanaCramer96
cal.: https://calendar.app.google/LhDYHudTvVUyxnYz7
[Logo for LinkedIn.]<https://www.linkedin.com/in/dana-cramer/>     [Logo for Twitter.] <https://twitter.com/DanaCramer96>

Research Interests: Internet Governance; Internet Fragmentation; Splinternet; Multiple Public Internets; Internet Infrastructure & Standards; Broadband; Telecommunications & Technology Policy; Geopolitical Competition; Political Economy of Communication; Internet Usage; Sustainable Development

New Publication: Cramer, Dana (2022). Internets: The changing role of Internet Protocols in evolving broadband technologies. SSRN. Available open access.<https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=4177463>