[acc-cca-l] Limited spaces at ICA Post-Conference Novel Directions in Media Innovation and Funding May 29-30

Hermida, Alfred Alfred.Hermida at ubc.ca
Mon May 8 14:00:22 MDT 2023

[△EXTERNAL]

Friends

There are just a few spaces left for the ICA post-conference, Novel Directions in Media Innovation and Funding, May 29th and 30th. We are bringing together scholars and journalists to share their expertise on journalism funding, media policy and digital news start-ups globally.

Registration is still open<http://bit.ly/3mroHt8> and the preliminary program <https://journalisminnovation.ca/2023/02/27/program-conference2023/> is available too. We have a mix of sessions planned to allow plenty of time for discussion and networking.

The conference runs from May 29, 6.00 – 8:30 pm and May 30 from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, 2023. It will be held at the Gladstone House <https://www.gladstonehouse.ca/> at 1214 Queen Street West, Toronto, which is a short ride by streetcar from the location of ICA 2023. Registration<http://bit.ly/3mroHt8> is CAD$75 for academics and professionals, and CAD$25 for students, including evening canapés, breakfast, lunch and snacks.

If you have any questions, please get in touch with organizers Mary Lynn Young and Alfred Hermida at journalisminnovationlab at gmail.com<mailto:journalisminnovationlab at gmail.com>

Alfred

Alfred Hermida PhD
Professor, UBC School of Journalism, Writing, and Media<https://jwam.ubc.ca/>
On the traditional, ancestral and unceded territory of the hən̓q̓əmin̓əm̓ speaking Musqueam (xʷməθkʷəy̓əm) people