[acc-cca-l] (Extended Deadline!) Call For Papers: 2023 Communication, Media, and Film Graduate Student Conference

Matthew Halajian mhalajia at ucalgary.ca
Mon Mar 27 03:37:23 MDT 2023

Hi,

I hope you are doing well and enjoyed your weekend!

My name is Matthew Halajian, and I am a MA Candidate at the University of Calgary in the Department of Communication, Media and Film. I am writing on behalf of the Organizing Committee for the Department’s 2023 CMF Graduate Student Conference.

Our Conference, r/evolution in Media(Scapes): 2023 CMF Graduate Student Conference, is held online via Zoom from May 10th to 11th, 2023. The extended deadline for submissions is 11:59 pm MT on April 15th, 2023, and we are currently inviting interested graduate students to submit their proposals.

As a Committee, we want to invite as many graduate students as possible to submit proposals to provide an opportunity to present, participate in an academic conference, and share our unique research with others. Would you be willing to forward the message to your mailing list? Our team on the Organizing Committee would appreciate it a lot!

Thank you for taking the time to read over my message! Please, let me know if there is anything else that you need from me.

Sincerely,
Matthew Halajian (he/him/his)

Matthew Halajian
MA Candidate | Graduate Research Assistant
Department of Communication, Media and Film
University of Calgary
email: mhalajia at ucalgary.ca<mailto:mhalajia at ucalgary.ca>

For forwarding to interested graduate students

Hello,

I am writing on behalf of the Organizing Committee for the University of Calgary’s r/evolution in Media(Scapes): 2023 CMF Graduate Student Conference, held online via Zoom from May 10th to 11th, 2023. The deadline for submissions has been extended to 11:59 pm MT on April 15th, 2023.

Our theme, r/evolution in Media(Scapes), encourages all scholars to actively challenge traditional norms and re-envision social, political, cultural, and mediatized landscapes using innovative and reformative approaches.

I have attached the Call For Papers (CFP) for our Conference. As indicated in the CFP, submissions can be made here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe9qLwNSBSIeK0AF2p3zkiJyb_P7BteRIn4CD9U0dBiFriJmA/viewform?usp=sf_link> and our website is here<https://www.cmfconference23.com/>. If you have any questions, please, contact Matthew Halajian (mhalajia at ucalgary.ca<mailto:mhalajia at ucalgary.ca>) or Liz McIver (elizabeth.mciver at ucalgary.ca<mailto:elizabeth.mciver at ucalgary.ca>) for further information.

If you would please pass this on to interested graduate or senior undergraduate students on our behalf, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you, and we look forward to your submissions!

Sincerely,
Matthew Halajian (he/him/his)

Matthew Halajian
MA Candidate | Graduate Research Assistant | CMF Grad. Conference Co-Chair