[acc-cca-l] Ready Avatar One

Ogborn, David ogbornd at mcmaster.ca
Tue Mar 7 08:19:03 MST 2023

[△EXTERNAL]

Dear colleagues,

Next week, Mar 14-16, Dr. Kate Sicchio (Virginia Commonwealth University) and I, with the help of our awesome research assistants, will be co-hosting a 3-day translocal + hybrid gathering centred around avataring practices and mixed-reality performance: Ready Avatar One

Ready Avatar One will feature a program of live performances, art works/screenings, artist and academic talks, paper presentations, etc taking place in-person in two communities: at Virginia Commonwealth University (and Gallery5), Richmond, Virginia and at the Networked Imagination Laboratory at McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario.  All events will also be on Zoom and live-streamed.

Full details and registration (free) here: https://nil.mcmaster.ca/events/readyAvatarOne.html

Yours truly,
David

Dr. David Ogborn
Associate Professor, Dept. of Communication Studies and Media Arts
Graduate Chair, MA in Communication and New Media
Graduate Chair, PhD in Communication, New Media, and Cultural Studies
Associate Member, School of the Arts
Associate Member, Dept. of Computing and Software
McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada