[acc-cca-l] CCA Accommodation Matching for Graduate Students

Dana Cramer dana.cramer at torontomu.ca
Thu Feb 23 13:02:17 MST 2023

[△EXTERNAL]

Dear CCA Members,

This email is to provide a survey to help match graduate students in search of Toronto accommodation with CCA members (faculty, graduate students, ‘other’) who have space in their homes to ‘house’ an out-of-town graduate student during the annual conference at the end of May.

Both requesting students and offering Toronto-located members may fill this hyperlinked survey<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf00PL2obga_4dr9Irf3eCkvjsX-9_C_cPFOfLMh3onr1C55A/viewform?usp=sf_link>.

It was raised to the Student Representatives by multiple graduate students that the economic pressures from inflation were impacting some students’ ability to pay for a hotel/accommodation during CCA. CCA provides student funding to attend the annual conference which is reimbursed following submitted receipts. You can learn more about student funding on our website<https://acc-cca.ca/index.php/student-funding-remboursement-pour-etudiant-e-s/>. In addition, York University’s residence are offering discounted accommodation<https://www.federationhss.ca/en/congress2023/accommodation> during the annual conference. We recognize, however, that as student tuition and fees have increased in many provinces, without increases in some funding packages, graduate students face financial strain and are searching for cost-savings in their conference travel.

We greatly appreciate the CCA community filling this Graduate Student Accommodation survey<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf00PL2obga_4dr9Irf3eCkvjsX-9_C_cPFOfLMh3onr1C55A/viewform?usp=sf_link> so that we can ensure students who may be attending their first in-person academic conference are not financially disadvantaged, impacting their decision to attend the conference in-person.

If you have any questions about the survey, you can email me at dana.cramer at torontomu.ca<mailto:dana.cramer at torontomu.ca>.

See you in May!

All the best,
Dana

Dana Cramer (she/her/elle)
PhD Student | Communication and Culture
Toronto Metropolitan University
[York University and Toronto Metropolitan University logo for the Joint Graduate Program in Communication and Culture.]<https://www.torontomu.ca/graduate/programs/comcult/people/students/dana-cramer/>
w: https://www.torontomu.ca/graduate/programs/comcult/people/students/dana-cramer/
e: dana.cramer at torontomu.ca s: @DanaCramer96
[Logo for LinkedIn.]<https://www.linkedin.com/in/dana-cramer/>     [Logo for Twitter.] <https://twitter.com/DanaCramer96>

Research Interests: Internet Governance; Internet Fragmentation; Splinternet; Multiple Public Internets; Internet Infrastructure & Standards; Broadband; Telecommunications & Technology Policy; Geopolitical Competition; Political Economy of Communication; Internet Usage; Sustainable Development

New Publication: Cramer, Dana (2022). Internets: The changing role of Internet Protocols in evolving broadband technologies. SSRN. Available open access.<https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=4177463>