[acc-cca-l] CCA Graduate Student Webinar - Networking Techniques

Dana Cramer dana.cramer at torontomu.ca
Fri Feb 17 08:03:54 MST 2023

[△EXTERNAL]

**Please forward to graduate students**

Dear CCA Graduate Students,

The Graduate Student Representatives will be hosting a webinar on networking techniques. As mentioned in our January gathering, we will be spending our monthly meet ups this semester focused on building interpersonal skills which may help in a conference setting, ahead of CCA’s annual conference this May.

This webinar will take place Friday, 3 March 2023 at 4:00 p.m.

Many graduate students have not had the opportunity over the pandemic years to learn and practice in-person networking. This webinar will look to build the following skills to fill this potential gap:

  *   Writing a 24-month soft- and hard-networking strategy and control plan (using Notion, Excel, Excel’s Visio integration, and Obsidian for CRM and visual mapping purposes);
  *   The amoeba method of professional networking and change-making;
  *   Techniques for networking at meal tables; and
  *   An easy-to-follow checklist using Excel for pre-conference preparation and post-conference follow-up for nurturing your network.

Zoom Link: https://torontomu.zoom.us/j/95003414383?pwd=SDhycHpJNmNtZkR1d0YvSTFQZ1B4Zz09
Passcode: 460686
Friday, 3 March 2023 from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.

We look forward to seeing you on 3 March!

All the best,
Dana | CCA Graduate Student Representative

Dana Cramer (she/her/elle)
PhD Student | Communication and Culture
Toronto Metropolitan University
[York University and Toronto Metropolitan University logo for the Joint Graduate Program in Communication and Culture.]<https://www.torontomu.ca/graduate/programs/comcult/people/students/dana-cramer/>
w: https://www.torontomu.ca/graduate/programs/comcult/people/students/dana-cramer/
e: dana.cramer at torontomu.ca s: @DanaCramer96
[Logo for LinkedIn.]<https://www.linkedin.com/in/dana-cramer/>     [Logo for Twitter.] <https://twitter.com/DanaCramer96>

Research Interests: Internet Governance; Internet Fragmentation; Splinternet; Multiple Public Internets; Internet Infrastructure & Standards; Broadband; Telecommunications & Technology Policy; Geopolitical Competition; Political Economy of Communication; Internet Usage; Sustainable Development

New Publication: Cramer, Dana (2022). Internets: The changing role of Internet Protocols in evolving broadband technologies. SSRN. Available open access.<https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=4177463>