[acc-cca-l] Reminder of CFP - 20 Years of Podcasting: Mapping the Contours of Podcast Studies (an ICA Preconference)

Lori Beckstead lbeckste at ryerson.ca
Mon Nov 14 10:08:08 MST 2022

[△EXTERNAL]

Dear colleagues,

This is a reminder that the deadline to submit a proposal for the ICA Preconference 20 Years of Podcasting: Mapping the Contours of Podcast Studies is coming up on December 2nd.

This is going to be a two-day preconference associated with the International Communication Association's annual conference, with a variety of presentation formats. It will take place in Toronto on Wednesday May 24th and Thursday May 25th, 2023 at Toronto Metropolitan University (formerly Ryerson University). You do not have to attend the ICA conference in order to participate in this preconference.

I hope you'll consider submitting a proposal and that we'll see many of you in Toronto in May 2023.

You can find the full call here: bit.ly/CFPpodcastprecon23<http://bit.ly/CFPpodcastprecon23>
If you have questions: podcastprecon23 at gmail.com<mailto:podcastprecon23 at gmail.com>

Best,
Lori Beckstead (she/her)
Associate Professor
Director, Allan Slaight Radio Institute
RTA School of Media<http://www.ryersonrta.ca>
Toronto Metropolitan University (recently renamed)
Co-host and co-producer of The Podcast Studies Podcast<https://www.podpage.com/podcaststudiespodcast/>

I don’t expect you to respond to my email outside of your working hours. In the interest of health and wellbeing I value flexible working patterns. If I have asked for a response, I look forward to it when you are next working.

Toronto is in the 'Dish With One Spoon Territory’. The Dish With One Spoon is a treaty between the Anishinaabe, Mississaugas and Haudenosaunee that bound them to share the territory and protect the land. Subsequent Indigenous Nations and peoples, Europeans, and all newcomers have been invited into this treaty in the spirit of peace, friendship, and respect.