[acc-cca-l] Job Posting: Professor in Digitial Communication at Mohawk College
lisa.funnell at mohawkcollege.ca
Tue Jul 12 06:14:55 MDT 2022
Status: Full Time
Hours: Monday to Friday; between 8:00am and 10:00pm
Rate of Pay: Commensurate upon qualifications and experience
Pay band: Not applicable
Posting Date: June 30th, 2022
Closing Date: July 22nd, 2022 at 7:00 pm EST
We support and encourage the contributions of our diverse employees.
Supported by a new strategic plan (https://strategicplan.mohawkcollege.ca/) we are committed to nurturing an equitable, diverse and inclusive environment for everyone who learns and works at Mohawk. We believe the rich diversity among our students and the communities we serve should be reflected within our workforce. As educators we believe it is important to act and show leadership in advancing the principles of equity, diversity and inclusion in our community.
Mohawk College is currently recruiting for our next
Professor, Digital Communication
The Department of Communication and Global Studies in the McKeil School of Business | School of Communication, Creative Industries, & Liberal Studies is currently seeking a qualified professional to join the team as a full-time Professor.
Under the direction of the Associate Dean, the successful applicant will be expected to develop, deliver and revise curricula in collaboration with colleagues and other College departments while fostering an effective learning environment for students and providing academic leadership.
The successful candidate may be required to develop and teach a variety of courses, at the diploma and degree level including, but not limited to, professional writing, multi-platform storytelling, digital communication – laws and ethics, campaigns and consumer culture, and social media history and application. Faculty must be adept at innovative delivery methods so as to provide a meaningful learning environment for students of diverse backgrounds, learning styles and ages.
All candidates selected for an interview will be required to present on a topic related to the position during the interview process.
The duties of this position will include, but are not limited to the following:
* Designing, updating, and delivering a variety of courses which uphold academic quality, college policies and procedures.
* Creating a positive and engaging learning environment both in the classroom and online which uphold the principles of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI).
* Providing innovative educational delivery and experiences through the use of on-line educational technology and learning management systems (i.e. MyCanvas), for in-class, online synchronous and online asynchronous delivery.
* Using a variety of teaching and learning strategies such as Experiential Learning (EL), Universal Design for Learning (UDL), adaptive technology, alternative delivery methodologies.
* Designing appropriate assessment strategies and tools for facilitating and evaluating student progress and achievement.
* Participate in department, school, and college-wide activities/tasks as required.
* Managing the educational environment to facilitate an optimal learning experience and student success.
* Applying cooperative college values and philosophy in all work activities and interactions with other professors.
The successful candidate will have:
* A PhD in Digital Communication, Media Studies, Communication & Culture, Media Production, or a related discipline.
* Two to four years teaching experience at the post-secondary level, in both in-class and online environments, teaching multi-media methodology, communication and social media principles.
* Demonstrated ability in web design, audio/video development, multi-media story-telling, digital content creation and other related areas.
* Proven ability at developing digital storytellers who are skilled in writing, visual communication mediums, web applications and social media.
* Demonstrated skill in the application of adult digital education methodology.
* Demonstrated ability to relate to learners and provide a positive learning environment to students working at different skill levels including international students, Indigenous students, first-generation students, and students requiring accommodation is an asset.
* Evidence of demonstrated application of adult learning principles, methodologies, curriculum design, and development.
* Knowledge and experience with Learning Management Systems to enhance learning.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of an academic team, through the application of strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Demonstrated commitment and understanding of human rights, equity, diversity and inclusion with the ability to communicate and work effectively inter-culturally with diverse groups of students, employees and the community.
* Working closely with other stakeholders across the institution to assist in applying curriculum processes while adhering to standards that promote quality and innovation across program areas.
* Previous experience with instructional design and course/program development is an asset.
* Demonstrated commitment and understanding of human rights, equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace. This would include experience communicating and working effectively with diverse clients and colleagues.
As an equal opportunity employer, Mohawk College endeavours to create an inclusive, barrier free recruitment and selection process for all applicants. We encourage you to contact the HR department at (905) 575 – 2047 for your accommodation needs.
Mohawk College is strongly committed to diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons, women, Indigenous People of North America, persons with disabilities, 2SLGBTQIA+ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Faculty members hired at Mohawk College must be prepared to teach with a learner-centered approach and to assist in the development and application of alternate delivery methods. They may be assigned to teach classes in-person at any College campus and online. Teaching may be scheduled to between 8:00am and 10:00pm, Monday to Friday. Teaching on weekends is also possible.
The successful candidate must have an ability to relate theoretical knowledge and practical applications through innovative delivery methods to provide a meaningful learning environment for students of diverse backgrounds and ages. The ability to work as part of a team and demonstration of excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the acc-cca-L