[acc-cca-l] Wendy Chun in Conversation

Marcel O'Gorman marcel at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Jan 17 10:41:21 MST 2022

[△EXTERNAL]

Dear CCA Friends,

I am pleased to announce a conversational event on February 10 at 7:00 pm EST with Wendy Chun, author of Discriminating Data and a graduate of UWaterloo in both English and Systems Engineering.

Wendy was supposed to visit us in person, but COVID blah blah. Instead, we will be meeting in Gather.Town, a 2D space for social interaction. The conversation will be preceded by a “data jam” and followed by a 2D social mixer.

I hope you can join us for this “more than just a talking head” event. This is the SECOND of SIX events in the Critical Tech Talk Series designed by the Critical Media Lab.

Event details here:
https://uwaterloo.ca/arts/critical-tech-talk

Tickets here:
https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/critical-tech-talk-2-wendy-chun-tickets-243049917847

Best regards,
m.
--
Professor Marcel O'Gorman, PhD
University Research Chair

I acknowledge that I work and teach on the traditional territory of the Attawandaron (Neutral), Anishnaabeg, and Haudenosaunee peoples. The University of Waterloo is situated on the Haldimand Tract, land promised and given to Six Nations, which includes six miles on each side of the Grand River.