[acc-cca-l] The Alt-Rights in Canada

Chris Russill chris.russill at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 18:01:28 MST 2021

[△EXTERNAL]

Dear Colleagues,

We are very pleased to announce our new issue of the Canadian Journal of Communication, The Alt-Rights in Canada<https://cjc-online.ca/index.php/journal/issue/view/197>, which includes an introduction<https://cjc-online.ca/index.php/journal/article/view/4245/4717> by the guest editors of the issue (Ganaele Langlois, Greg Elmer, Natalie Coulter, and Fenwick McKelvey) and five important papers on the topic. It seeks to historicize, contextualize, and engage with far-right politics as a mediated and communicative phenomenon in Canada.

The issue also contains original research on the politics of migration and of climate change, including papers that discuss depictions of Syrian refugees in Canada, the networks of fossil fuel denial, Yellow Vest politics in Canada, and media representations of climate change and wildfire. You can find the entire issue below.

https://cjc-online.ca/index.php/journal/issue/view/197

Best,

Chris