[acc-cca-l] PhD in Communication, New Media, and Cultural Studies (CNMCS) at McMaster University

Ogborn, David ogbornd at mcmaster.ca
Thu Nov 25 12:40:06 MST 2021

[△EXTERNAL]

Dear colleagues,

The PhD program in Communication, New Media and Cultural Studies (CNMCS) at McMaster University is now accepting applications for September 2022 admission.  The deadline for completed applications is 15 January 2022.

The PhD in Communication, New Media, and Cultural Studies (CNMCS) is a joint program between McMaster’s Department of Communication Studies and Media Arts and the Department of English and Cultural Studies (ECS). The program draws faculty members from the two departments, as well as other departments in the Faculty of Humanities, to act as supervisors of CNMCS doctoral students. Our many complementary strengths are in areas including new media arts, performance, communications governance, policy, and law, visual culture, digital culture, music/sound, gender and sexuality, critical race studies, Indigenous studies, postcolonial and diasporic studies, transnational culture and international communications, critical environmental studies, political economy, professional communication, and media analysis and strategy. Our program has the faculty and the facilities to support a wide range of media production practices, as well as more traditional dissertations.

Full information about the program, faculty, and application process can be found at the following URL:
https://csma.humanities.mcmaster.ca/graduate-programs/phd-program-in-communication-new-media-and-cultural-studies/

We are also hosting a question and answer session about the program, via Zoom, on Wed 8 Dec 2021, from 4:30 - 5:30 PM EST:
https://mcmaster.zoom.us/j/93013489570?pwd=c2FxaE1YWTBTWFREUzNGdkw0eElQZz09
Meeting ID: 930 1348 9570, Passcode: 697052

Many thanks in advance for helping us to circulate word of this program to those who might be interested!

Yours truly,
David

Dr. David Ogborn
Associate Professor, Dept. of Communication Studies and Media Arts
Graduate Chair, MA in Communication and New Media
Graduate Chair, PhD in Communication, New Media, and Cultural Studies
Associate Member, School of the Arts
Associate Member, Dept. of Computing and Software
McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
+1-905-525-9140 ext 27603