[acc-cca-l] Building the Seventh Wave - Participatory Development Support Communications

Ataharul Chowdhury ataharul.chowdhury at uoguelph.ca
Thu Nov 11 14:24:39 MST 2021

[△EXTERNAL]

Dear Colleagues

As part of the SSHRC connection grant, Global Networks Forum on Communication for Agriculture, we organized a series of webinars in the last year with established and emerging scholars and practitioners of communication for development and social change from regional and global networks, such as Collaborative Change Communication for Development (CCComdev) the Rural Communication Group of the International Association of Media and Communication Research (IAMCR), and Canadian Communication Association.

In collaboration with the IAMCR Rural Communication Group, we like to continue the webinar initiatives. In this part, we are happy to invite Fred Campbell<http://www.ryakuga.org/ryakuga/fred.html>, the Founder of Ryakuga--a non-profit that facilitates grassroots communication and social change. In this presentation, Fred will discuss their work to build the seventh wave of participatory development support communications for community sustainability in rural Newfoundland, Canada.

Date: 03 December 2021 at 10 am ET

Register here https://www.eventbrite.com/e/208329869247<https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.eventbrite.com%2Fe%2F208329869247&data=04%7C01%7Cs.p.cardey%40reading.ac.uk%7Cac6f38a4b4b4403cdb0908d9a54a1fcd%7C4ffa3bc4ecfc48c09080f5e43ff90e5f%7C0%7C0%7C637722560046021432%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=gUTy69yiEOb2xucKYyA%2FL21YgwHI24Y9dkwk4E78ySU%3D&reserved=0>
Best regards,

Ataharul Chowdhury | Assistant Professor
School of Environmental Design & Rural Development | University of Guelph
Landscape Architecture 121 | 50 Stone Rd E | Guelph, ON | N1G 2W1
519-824-4120 Ext. 52251 | chowdhua at uoguelph.ca
uoguelph.ca/sedrd/<https://www.uoguelph.ca/sedrd/>

Secretary, Association for International Agricultural and Extension Education<https://www.aiaee.org/>
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D7D718.9F0830A0]
The information in this message is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the designated recipient, please notify the sender immediately, and permanently delete the original and any copies. Any use of the message by those other than the intended recipients is prohibited.
Due to concerns about COVID-19 and with the goal of increasing social distancing, most University of Guelph employees and I are working remotely. The University of Guelph is actively monitoring the COVID-19 situation in consultation with Public Health and taking the necessary steps to ensure the safety of our U of G community.