[acc-cca-l] CFP DEADLINE EXTENSION - 16th Annual CGC Conference: Transitioning

Maddy Warlow MaddyWarlow at cmail.carleton.ca
Thu Dec 17 12:44:53 MST 2020

[△EXTERNAL]

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce an EXTENDED CFP DEADLINE for the 16th Annual Communication Graduate Caucus Conference at Carleton University.

The conference is to be held virtually from March 22nd to 24th, 2021. The deadline for submissions is December 15th, 2020. Please find all details in the PDF attached.

The 2021 conference theme, TRANSITIONING, encourages submissions that address the changing nature of our social, political, and geographical circumstances. Amidst a global pandemic, adaptability has become an integral skill. We have seen global human rights movements call for the concrete social and institutional change of political, judicial, and economic bodies. This conference invites exploration of the theme transitioning. We are particularly interested in research that broadens understandings of labour, human rights, and communication and media practices in a transitional context. We invite intersectional perspectives that challenge dominant, and perhaps even stagnant, Western ideologies using bodies of knowledge that have been ignored or made invisible throughout history. See PDF for a detailed list of proposed topics.

Proposal Submission Format:
The CGC welcomes proposals for 15-minute individual presentations. These submissions may be co-authored. Submissions should include an abstract of 100-200 words, including the author’s full name(s), current academic affiliation, a short biography of 50-100 words, and contact information of the presenter(s). They should also include a brief description of the topic’s relevance to the conference theme. We ask that submissions of paper proposals be submitted electronically to the CGC conference email address (cgctransitioningconference2021 at gmail.com<mailto:cgctransitioningconference2021 at gmail.com>). Please complete and submit a proposal by December 15th, 2020. We also ask that each presenter submit a text script of their presentation by March 15th, 2021 that will be made accessible to all attendees. For more details on presentation format, see PDF.

Keynote Speakers:
The CGC Conference is pleased to announce that this year’s conference will include two keynote speakers: David Nieborg from the University of Toronto, and Paul Taylor of FoodShare Toronto.

Concluding:
The 16th annual CGC Conference will provide graduate students with the opportunity to present their work, collect valuable feedback from a range of related research communities, and to foster their own professional development. Our goal is to stimulate conversations between emerging scholars and professionals about shared fields of research. Upon acceptance to the conference, students are also encouraged to submit their full paper for the Canadian Journal of Communication Student Paper Prize by February 1st, 2021.

Blue Dong, Britt Greening, Holly Tyson & Maddy Warlow
2020-2021 CGC Conference Co-Chairs, Carleton University
cgctransitioningconference2021 at gmail.com<mailto:cgctransitioningconference2021 at gmail.com>
https://cgccarleton.ca/cgc-conference/

This email contains links to content or websites. Always be cautious when clicking on external links or attachments. If in doubt, please forward suspicious emails to phishing at carleton.ca.

-----End of Disclaimer-----