[acc-cca-l] Survey Invitation: “Millennials and their Moms”

Miranda Brady MirandaBrady at cunet.carleton.ca
Thu Oct 29 14:06:32 MDT 2020

[△EXTERNAL]

Dear Colleagues:

With apologies for cross-promoting. I am writing with details for the “Millennials and Their Moms”<https://carletonu.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eWB80SOEiDI9i2p> survey in the hopes you can share this with your students and other potential participants (URL Below). The purpose of this survey is to help researchers better understand the relationship between Millennials and Gen Z adults and their mothers in Canada. For the purposes of this survey, mothers can be biological, adoptive, chosen, or mother-figures (both passed away or currently living). This study will provide insight into family dynamics with social and economic shifts before and after Covid-19. Moreover, this study will provide insight into largely invisible exchange economies in which young adults and their mothers participate that are not captured in Gross Domestic Product measures. In order to take the survey, participants must:

*Be 18-years or older and born between 1981-2003

*Be living in Canada

*Only complete the survey once

There may be some emotional effects for participants who have lost their mothers or who have difficult relationships with their mothers. I do not anticipate that participants will derive any direct benefit from taking the survey.

This survey is being conducted by me, Dr. Miranda J. Brady, Associate Professor in the School of Journalism and Communication at Carleton University in Ottawa, Ontario. This project has been approved by the Carleton University Research Ethics Board (A). Please do not hesitate to get in touch with any questions or for further details.

Best regards,

Miranda J. Brady

Associate Professor

School of Journalism and Communication